Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pasadena Half Marathon Recap

I ran the Pasadena Half Marathon two weeks after the OC Marathon just for fun. I didn't have any preconceived notions about what time I'd finish it in and my husband, who is a firefighter, was working the marathon.

This race was the first one where I didn't feel nervous at the start, mainly because I got ample sleep at home and didn't have a finish time in mind. It's a good thing that I didn't have any goal set because right around mile 2, I had to use the porta potty with a fierce vengeance. Two minutes later, I was running again.

The route took us along the Colorado Street Bridge and near city hall and up Arroyo Blvd and the surrounding area where I do most of my training. When I looked at the course map, there was supposed to be an electrolyte drink somewhere near the Rosebowl but there was only water. I was so thirsty and it was pretty warm on the course that day.

I didn't die, but I had a massive headache two hours after the race and threw up. I still had a good time in retrospect. I finished in 2:09:27 and when I checked my Garmin, it would've been 2:07:18 without the bathroom break.

Post-race compression legs up


No comments:

Post a Comment